Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Have You Seen The 'Life' Series On Discovery?

Post contributed by Toni Jensen - Have You Seen The 'Life' Series On Discovery?


I was very impressed with the new show 'Life' on the Discovery Channel. It's a series that follows numerous animals and plants in different parts of the world. The views are breath taking. I have a DVR on my expert Satellite system, so I've recorded the whole series. It's great to put on when nothing else is on TV. It's entertaining for my wife and I, as well at my two daughters.

I was particularly fascinated with one episode, where komodo dragons followed a water buffalo around until they were close enough to get a bite on the leg of the buffalo. Then they trailed the water buffalo, waiting for the venom in their spit to kick in. It finally did after a long journey, and about six or seven dragons had dinner. It sounds a little graphic, but that's LIFE.

I would definitely recommend this show for any animal lover, or just someone who likes nature. From all the beautiful views you get to see, you'll find yourself wanting to take a tropical vacation. From episodes with thousands of colorful, migrating butterflies, to an amazing sea world miles and miles under ice, the series is a hands down must see. You can find the series on the Discovery Channel, or you can purchase it online. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment